8 Priorities of Marijuana Enforcement
Disclaimer: The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
The Cole Memo of August 2013, identifies eight enforcement priorities for the federal government regarding marijuana. Specifically, Justices’ priorities are to prevent:
- The distribution of marijuana to minors;
- Revenue from going to criminal enterprises, gangs and cartels;
- Diversion of marijuana from states where it is legal to states where it is illegal;
- Use of state-authorized marijuana activity as a cover for other illegal drugs or activity;
- Violence and the use of firearms;
- Drugged driving or other adverse public health consequences;
- The use of public lands for marijuana production; and
- Marijuana possession or use on federal property.
To download a copy of the full memo, click here